Feature comparison (Network Cell Info)
Last updated: August 18, 2017
In the following, we explain the differences between Network Cell Info Lite, Network Cell Info (core), and Network Cell Info with 1-yr Pro features subscription. The Pro features subscription, introduces new features/development first published in Release 4.0.
Main common features:
- Almost Real-Time (1 sec.) monitoring of cellular and WiFi signals, in Gauge/Raw Tabs (*)
- GSM, CDMA, UMTS (WCDMA), IWLAN, LTE, LTE+ support
- Dual SIM support (*)
- Signal-meter gauges for both SIMs and WiFi (*)
- SIM# preference option, for other than Gauge tab
- Map with network cellular info and signal-meter gauges
- Indication of cell locations (not cell towers) in the Map from Mozilla Location Service (MLS), excl. cdma (*)
- Route coloring (in the Map) according to the signal strength, and map markers with location and signal info
- Logs, Measurements of cellular signals
- Measurements settings (minimum distance, minimum accuracy, motion sensor, etc.)
- Database export measurements in KML 2.2, MLS Geosubmit v.2, CLF v.3, OpenCellID csv, CMWF database types
- Network information in Status Bar
- Sound notifications (on system, cell id changes)
- Raw view of network cellular info
- Raw zoom view of network cellular info (serving cell only)
- Connection statistics
- SIM and device info
- Tabs: select visible tabs
- Map view settings (Normal, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid)
- Gauge tab: option to show only 1 SIM, or 2 SIMs (plus or w/o WiFi)
- Raw tab: Maximum neighbor cells to show setting, show 0-ASU cells setting
Feature comparison (*):
|Network Cell Info Lite||Network Cell Info||Network Cell Info
1-year subscription (**)
|Ad-free||(Remove Ads purchase)||✓||✓|
|Signal Meters update period (sec)||1/2/4||1/2/4||1/2/4|
|Signal Plot (cells up to)||2||6||6|
|Log Measurements period (sec)||5||5/10/15/20/30/60||5/10/15/20/30/60|
|Measurements in Background||✓||✓|
|Map memory cache||✓||✓|
|Screen rotation (landscape)||✓||✓|
|Gauges outside Map option||✓||✓|
|WiFi AP scan period||10x||1,2,5,10,20,60x (*)||1,2,5,10,20,60x (*)|
|CQI/TA vs NID in the Gauge (#)||✓||✓|
|Band Name (**)||✓||✓|
|EARFCN, Carrier Frequency (Fc) (**)||✓|
|Log xARFCN, Fc, RSRQ, etc. (CMWF Pro)||✓|
|Compact Cell Raw View (1-row per cell)||✓|
- Data accuracy is dependent on device implementation of Android APIs. Not all manufacturers/devices implement fully/correctly Android APIs.
- For Android < 5.0, Dual SIM is not supported for non-MediaTek devices, due to Android/device limitation.
- You may use Mozilla Stumbler app, to update the Mozilla MLS database in your area.
- Low WiFi AP scan period, has diminishing effect on the throughput (Android issue).
(**) xARFCN, Band, Fc, for Android 7+ devices implementing well the corresponding Android API 17+ telephony functions.
(#) If applicable, and assuming the device/manufacturer firmware provides the corresponding functionality to the Android interface.